Ukupna ocjena5

Pokreće članak pod naslovom “Apple iPhone 6 Više: To je velika telefon i da se osjeća odlično – pregled” napisao je Charles Arthur, for on Wednesday 17th September 2014 19.07 UTC

Too big. This thing’s too big. Waaay too big. to je… actually, that screen is pretty nice, Nije to? Wow, you really can get a lot of content on there, can’t you? ej, my hand’s getting used to the size. It’s quite comfortable, Nije to?

And that’s how it goes with the iPhone 6 Više. I expected to find it far too big, and at first my expectations were met. But give it a few minutes, perhaps a couple of days, and you’ll find yourself strangely attracted to its huge-seeming screen.

“Phablets”, as the 5.5in (14 cm)-plus screen size is described (which seems to derive from Scott Webster in June 2010, then referring to a 7in Huawei device), are increasingly popular. In Asia and particularly China, they’re very popular, though less so in the US and much less so in Europe. They make up about 15% of sales, although that’s growing fast.

Enter the iPhone

Od 2011, Samsung has had the high-end phablet market to itself with the Galaxy Note range, now in its fourth generation. Sada, it has competitionand the Apple brand could badly dent its South Korean rival’s sales.

Compared to the 4.7in iPhone 6, the 6 Plus soon stops feeling absurd when you try them side by side. I often found that I would reach for the larger screen, given the choice, just because you can read a lot more on it.

The battery life is also better (proportionally more of the phone consists of batteries); and it has the same pleasing, rounded feel of the 6.

The comparison becomes especially harsh against last year’s Galaxy Note 3, which has a 5.7in (14.5cm) screen at 1920×1080 piksela. The Note’s body is almost exactly the same size, but chrome-edgedwhich looks terribly retro nowwith a wart-like camera. IPhone 6 Plus camera sticks out tooan entire millimetrebut there’s no comparison in looks or feel.

Tehnički podaci

Zaslon: 5.5u, 1920×1080 401ppi LED; 1300:1 contrast ratio
Procesor: A8 64-bit ARM with M8 motion coprocessor
Skladištenje: 16GB, 64GB, 128GB
Operacijski sustav: iOS 8
Kamera: natrag: 8MP with 1.5micron pixels, f2.2, Optical image stabilisation, 240fps video, sapphire lens cover, auto-HDR, face detection, 43-megapixel panorama, burst mode 10fps; 1080p video at 30fps or 60fps. Front camera: 1.2MP (1280×960), f2.2, 720p HD, burst mode.
Povezivanje: LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 s BLE, NFC; VoLTE (voice over LTE) capability, Wi-Fi call handoff capability
Veličina: 158.1 x 778 x 7.1mm
Težina: 172g
Drugi: TouchID fingerprint sensor; NFC payment capability for ApplePay


The 6 Plus has optical image stabilisation (OIS) – long a staple of top-end Nokia (now Microsoft) Lumia phonesso that films taken while moving aren’t jerky. Instagram’s Hyperlapse got there first (calling on the gyroscope), ali 6 Plus also adds 240fps slow-motion filming; expect this device to become the new “must-have” among photographers who like travelling light.

Screen and usability

Many apps will need rewriting to deal with the new screen, which feels as though it inflates text in apps that don’t use Apple’s text system. S druge strane, those who struggled to read text on the 4in screen of the iPhone 5 will welcome the extra 88% of screen real estate. Apple has also introduced a “Zoomed” viewing setting that really does inflate everything as though you’d slapped a magnifying glass over it allthe “grandpa setting”, ako ti se sviđa.

iPhone 6 Više: zoom display enlarges icons
Zoomed display on the iPhone 6 a 6 Plus enlarges icons and text Fotografirati: Čuvar

Another concession to the gigantism is the “two-tap” gesture: double-tap the home button lightly, and in portrait mode the top of the screen slides down to the halfway mark, so that you can reach any part of the screen without adjusting your hand position.

Apple’s other tweak, specifically for the 6 Više, is that when the home screen is rotated into landscape mode, the dock moves to the side; in the Mail app, you get a “two-up” view, with email headers on the left and body text on the right. Other apps will probably follow suit in exploiting this.

Samsung, by contrast, offers various different user interface tweaks on the Note: there’s a quick app switching menu on the left-hand side, and you can also run two apps at a time (and resize each). The app switcher is just intrusive, though the two-up configuration clearly has potential uses (reći, messaging while looking at a map). Samsung also has a stylusthough I’ve heard internal data that suggests it’s used only 10% vremena, which in turn implies a big chance for Apple via the 90%.

Many of the best things about the 6 Više – widgets, third-party keyboards, “extensions” to create app-based workflowswill only be exploited by new apps that appear in the next few months as developers get to grips with the new size and the potential it offers them. Za sada, iako, it’s a surprisingly big phone that becomes increasingly familiar with use.


IPhone 6 Plus costs from £619 (inc VAT)/$749 (ex taxes) for 16GB storage.


Choosing between the iPhone 6 Plus and the smaller iPhone 6 could be surprisingly difficult if your hand, and your wallet, is large enough. It is large, yet the extra screen space is a boon. But that also makes it unwieldy, and could increase the risk of dropping it. Compared to other phablets, it’s lighter and thinner – but not cheaper

Prozodija: large and thin; bright screen; best battery life of any iPhone; adaptations for extra-large screen; iOS 8 allows third-party keyboards, workflow extensions and widgets

Cons: skupi; may be unwieldy if you don’t have particularly large hands

Apple iPhone 6: tanja, brže i malo jeftinije – pregled

iOS 8 pregled: the iPhone and iPad get customised, extended and deepened

• This footnote was appended on 23 Rujna 2014. Charles Arthur’s travel and accommodation was paid for by Apple. © Guardian Vijesti & Media Limited 2010

Objavljeno preko Guardian News Feed plugin za WordPress.