Have you lost or accidentally deleted photos from your Android phone?
It is pretty unfortunate to lose your precious photos from your phone. If you have faced this problem, you already know the sufferings.
If it was possible to recover your deleted or lost photos, would you do it? We all know you would. So, if you are one of them, then this post is for you. On this post, you will learn all of the effective ways to recover deleted photos from your Android phone.
Let’s begin with the easiest and most effective method.
Note: if your deleted photos have been overwritten with new ones, then it will not be possible to recover all of the photos properly. So, it is better to not take any new photos or copy new files to your phone, after the deletion incident.
Using‘dr.fone – Recover (Android Data Recovery)’to recover deleted pictures from your Android:
If you don’t want to waste your time by trying a bunch of useless data recovery software. Or if you are searching for a sure-fire way to recover your lost photos from your Android phone.
You can use the popular Android data recovery software‘dr.fone – Recover (Android Data Recovery)’. It is a very powerful software. Among all of the methods we are going to mention, we can assure you that this method has the highest possibility to recover your lost photos.
This software has 3 different ways to recover photos from Android phones. One of the best and unique features of this software is that it can recover deleted photos from even broken Android phones. So, if you have a phone which has a broken screen or the touch does not work. Using this software, you can recover the files from that phone too.
For you, we are going to uncover all of the 3 methods here in detail.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
Recover deleted photos directly from the Android Phone:
- Download and install the ‘dr.fone – Recover (Android Data Recovery)’ software in your computer
- Launch the software
- Connect your device to the PC with a USB cable
- Allow USB debuggingon your Android phone (if you have done it already skip this step)
- Now click on ‘Recover Phone Data’option from the top-left corner of the screen
- As you will recover only the photos, check-mark on ‘Gallery’ and click ‘Next’
- From the next window, you can either select ‘Scan for deleted files’ or ‘Scan for all files’(it takes more time but effective)
- Click ‘Next’ and the scanning will start
- After the completion of the scan, you will be able to preview all of your deleted photos under the ‘Gallery’ You can either select one by one or you can select all of them collectively
- After selecting the photos you want to recover, click on ‘Recover’ and set an output folder where you are going to retrieve those photos. After the recovery process ends, you will find those lost images in that specific folder you have selected earlier.
Recover lost photos from external SD card of Android Phone:
Note:For this process, you will need an SD card reader
- Launch the ‘dr.fone – Recover (Android Data Recovery)’ software on your PC
- Click on the 2nd option ‘Recover from SD card’
- Now, you need to insert the SD card into the card reader and plug it into the USB portof your computer
- Then the software will recognize your SD card and click on ‘Next’ to proceed
- Select any of the scan modes from the two – ‘Scan for deleted files’ (faster but may not work properly) or ‘Scan for all files’ (slower but effective)
- You can also select the ‘Advanced Mode’if you have not been able to recover the files using the ‘Standard Mode’. But, it will take a lot more time
- After selecting your desired mode, click on ‘Next’ and the scan will start
- Wait for the scan to be completed. After finishing, click on ‘Gallery’ from the left tab to see the preview of all of the recovered photos
- Then you can select the photos individually or collectively
- When you have selected all of the recovered photos of yours, click on ‘Recover’
- A new popup will appear to set the destination folder. Browse and select your preferred destination folder. On that folder, you will find the photos you have just recovered
This process is to recover photos from a broken Android phone. However, it is an advanced method. It has a limitation though. It is only compatible with some Samsung devices. So, if you don’t have a Samsung device, you won’t be able to try this method.
Recover photos from broken Android phone:
- Launch the ‘dr.fone – Recover (Android Data Recovery)’ on your PC
- Click on the last option ‘Recover from broken Phone’
- Then click on ‘Gallery’ as you will recover photos from your Android phone
- Click on ‘Start’ to continue
- On the next window, you have to choose from either ‘Touch doesn’t work or cannot access the phone’and ‘Black/broken screen’. Depending on your situation select any one of the options
- Then select the ‘Name’ and‘Model’ of your Samsung device
- Then click on ‘I agree with the warning and I’m ready to proceed’and then click ’Next’
- Depending on your mobile model, the software will provide the method to take your Android phone into ‘Download mode’. Follow the instruction on the screen
- When you are sure that your phone has entered into ‘Download Mode’, connect it to your PC via USB cable and click on ‘Start’
- After that, the scan will be started
- When the scan is completed, all of the photos will appear under the ‘Gallery’ tab
- Click on the photos you want to recover and click on ‘Recover’
- Then select the destination folder and your recovered photos will be available on that very folder
If even after trying these methods, you are yet to recover lost photos of your Android device. Fear not! We have other methods for you. Let’s go.
Using an app on your Android phone:
There are a lot of apps on play store which can recover deleted photos from Android. However, most of them come with some limitations. To use some apps, you may need to root your device. Again, for some apps, you need to buy the app.
So, we have tried a bunch of photo recovery apps from the Google Play Store. However, among them, we have found that only one app worked & has the best success rate. So, we are going to share with you all the details about that app below.
The name of the application is ‘Photo Recovery’from the developers ‘Tasty Blueberry PI’. Let’s see how to recover the deleted photos using this app.
Things you’ll require:
- The ‘Photo Recovery’ app
- Your Android Phone with at least 70% charge
Steps to use the app:
- Download and install the ‘Photo Recovery’app from play store on your Android phone
- Open the app on your phone and give this app permission to read the data of your phone by tapping ‘Allow’
- If you want to recover photos from external SD card thentick markthe box ‘Also recover SD card?’. Other than that keep that tick box empty
- There’s two recovery method, the first one is faster but the second one is slower but works better than the first one
- So if you have tried the first one but haven’t got your photos back then you should try the second method
- Tap on either ‘Recovery Method 1’ or ‘Recovery Method 2’whichever you prefer
- Then tap on ‘Start’ and instantly the app will start to scan for your deleted photos
- After the scanning is completed, tap on ‘View recovered Photos’and it will open the folder named ‘ALL_RECOVERD_PHOTO’ (this is set by defaultby the app developers)
- There in the ‘ALL_RECOVERD_PHOTO’ folder, you will find all of the deleted photos of your phone
- Remember it will take a lot of time to recover photos in this method, so be patient
If everything goes fine, this method might work for you. But, if it doesn’t don’t worry at all. We have a lot of other systems to recover deleted photos from Android phone.
Using third-party apps:
If you are searching for how to recover deleted photos from Android phone for free. Then this process is for you. However, it is also not a guaranteed method. So, it might work or not. Your best shot is to give it a try.
- Recuva Software
- Your PC
- Your Android Phone
- A USB cable
- USB driver for your Android mobile (if it is the first time you are connecting your phone to your PC)
- A card reader (if you want to recover photos from external SD card)
Steps to use this method:
- Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable
- From your phone’s notification bar, select ‘USB Storage’
- After that, the internal storage of your Android phone will appear as a new ‘Removable disk’
- If you want to recover deleted photos from the external SD card, you should insert the SD card to the card reader and plug it into your computer’s USB port (this step is only applicable for recovering photos from external SD card of your Android Phone)
- Then launch the ‘Recuva’ software on your PC and click ‘Next’ to proceed
- As you are going to recover photos, select ‘Pictures’ from the new window
- On the next screen, select the option ‘In a Specified Location’and browse to select the storage disk of your Android Phone and click ‘Next’ to proceed
- The next screen will give you an option to ‘Enable Deep Scan’(it’s a slower but more effective scanning process). If you want to try deep scanning you can enable it by check-marking the empty box
- Then if you are OK with all the settings, click on ‘Start’ and the scanning will start promptly
- When the scanning is finished, you will be able to preview all of your recovered photos in the next screen
- You can select any photos individually or you can ‘select all’ to recover each one of them. Remember only the ‘Green’ colored files can be recovered fully
- After selecting your photos, click on ‘Recover’
- From the following popup window, you have to set the output folder where your photos will be recovered. Selecta folder other than the folder from where you are recovering the photos
- After selecting the location of recovery click on ‘OK’ and instantly the files will be recovered to your preferred folder
- Lastly, a new popup window will appear to show the statistics of the whole operation. You can click ‘OK’ to complete the process